Saturday, 16 February 2013

The Journey of Non Materialism Begins...

Hey Hey!!
I am attempting to go a whole year without buying anything new that is not essential to my health, hygiene or wellbeing. So these non essential items include:

  • Clothes
  • Shoes
  • Accessories
  • Makeup
  • Jewellery
  • Beauty Treatments
  • Decorative Home Wares

I am doing this for a number of reasons...I have indulged in these items listed above for about hmm 12 years now, but at 27 years old, I now have new priorities. I want to start my own business and to buy an apartment. Other than that I want a challenge, and to prove to myself that material items are not what make me happy, rather setting meaningful goals and achieving them is truly fulfilling.. I hope this is the outcome of my new lifestyle!

So I guess the purpose of this blog is a place where I can track my progress, share things that I learn throughout this time such as homemade beauty treatments, hair treatments etc. and to hopefully encourage others to find where their priorities lie and to think about how they can achieve their goals.

I am going to post my entries every Sunday, and I know this is going to be difficult but I am ready and excited for the year ahead!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment